I will be owning my own private gym!! You guys have no idea how excited I am to share this with you! This has been a goal of mine since I started lifting weights back in high school. It’s not a gym where you can buy a membership but down the road I plan on expanding the gym by buying a bigger place and then having memberships available but for now this will work perfectly fine!
I will have the indoor section where the strength equipment will be set up at. I have a garage door that opens to the back outside, this will be a spot where I will have a basketball hoop set up, tires, an outdoor rig with a pull up and dip bar as well as a squat rack to do squats outside on nice days. There will be room for sprints, sled work, speed / agility work and so on. There is quiet a bit of outside space actually. I also have access to a spot right next to my location to hold bigger groups for speed & agility sessions. I can also time 40s, 60s and perform other combine drills there.
I first started working on the room back in December and thought this would take a year to do. Only four and a half months later, it’s on the home stretch!
Next is to hang drywall, paint, finish hanging new lights, get the mirrors in and then put together all the equipment!!
This was originally something I was going to keep a secret until it was completely done but I want to show you guys day to day progress. I want to share my passion and excitement with all of you as well!
Big thanks to my Dad for helping me get in here. I also want to thank Taylor, Nick, Mike, Aj, Wes and Dominick for helping me out when I have needed it. I will be posting a lot more picture of the progress and start showing you guys before and after pictures as I keep getting more done! I also want to take a moment and thank Cory for all of the help and guidance you have offered to me! I appreciate you more than you know G.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long post. I appreciate you all especially everyone who has reached out to me to show support. Much love to everyone! Have a great day and enjoy the week!
This is an exercise I do once in the blue moon but should do more often. This is a great anti-rotation movement to create stability in the core and shoulders. You can switch up difficulty by using different bands or standing closer & further from the rack. There are multiple ways of doing this exercise but I chose this one today.
Tie up a band to a rack, I usually attach mine about even with my mid stomach area. I then grab the band and interlock my fingers. Stand with feet a little further than shoulder width to create a good base and have a slight bend in the knees. Extend your arms out with a soft bend in the elbows so that you make a “V” shape or triangle with your arms. Next you will simply press the band out and bring it back in. Keep the band in a straight line when its moving back and forth. The main reason we are doing this is because of it being an anti-rotation exercise, so our core really has to work and fire up to keep your torso from coming towards the rack. Try 10 reps on each side for 3 sets then work to tougher bands or more volume.
I hope everyone is having a great day!
GO SHARE THE ARTICLE ON STACK.COM
Here is the link:
HUGE NEWS!! After working on getting a chance to write for a bigger audience, I have finally got my first article published on STACK.com👌🏼
This was something I set out to do about a year or 2 ago. I always wanted to write for a big website or a magazine. I am very happy to say that I can finally cross that goal off my list!! Thank you for stopping by to check it out if you can! Much love, and more to come! I’m posting the link in my bio, go check it out and let me know what you think🙏🏼 also I want to thank @taylorgallant_ for helping me with the content! She helped record the videos and take pictures!
This is first of many, I am looking forward to getting more content out to them and others. My next big thing is to get a magazine publication!
I love you guys, thank you for the support!
This isn’t any chipotle guac but it still taste great👌🏼 Plus it is super easy to make. All you need is an avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper and some onion.
1. First you need to mash up the avocado with a fork. Mash it until it becomes a smooth texture.
2. Now we will chop up onions and throw them in. If you do not like onion, then you can add in something else! Make it unique and use ingredients you would prefer.
3. From here, I add in the lime juice, pepper and a little salt to help with flavoring. Then continue mixing it up and mashing with the fork.
After you are done, take a chip and try it out! You could even put this with a quesadilla or whatever you’d like. It took me about 5 minutes total to do all this. I always put a little less of the ingredients into the mashed up avocado because you can always add more if it is too plain. If you throw too much in it could be too strong. One of the best things about making guac is that you can make it your own by adding whatever you like. Mine was a little more of a healthy option so if you are trying to keep the eating clean but also taste good then try mine out! Hope everyone is having a great week!
First time ever trying pause deadlifts and were they a treat… worked up to a pretty smooth single with 275. Probably should have done more but I always like to analyze my videos and break down my form, especially when I’m doing an exercise I’ve never tried before.
Afterwards, I dropped weight and did 225 for 2 sets of triples. I dropped the weight one more time and did 185 and really tried to get extra practice with this movement. I feel like I probably could have paused a little higher on some but by no means am I great at this, but I’m striving daily to get there just like everyone else! Happy Monday everyone, enjoy your week and make the best out of every opportunity 🙏🏼
Hope everyone had a great Easter and was able to spend time with your family! I have some huge news I’ll be dropping within the next week or two and I can’t wait to share!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have a St. Patricks Day smoothie for you to try! It’s not like the shamrock shake at McDonald’s but it is definitely healthier haha
All you need is the following:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 TBSP of greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of granola
- 8oz of milk (I use almond milk)
Throw these all in your blender and enjoy! Have a great rest of your weekend!
Around the end of the year in 2017, I remember getting a tweet from Clark saying how a shoulder burnout I had posted was no joke haha. He reached out to me again later that month and he had told me how he was using my information from the website. I have stayed in touch with him ever since and man has he been killlllllin it!! He’s down 40 pounds and counting!!! He has changed his lifestyle for the better between the way he eats and the amount of exercise he does. I was so happy to see his progress picture he had posted, and I can’t wait to see what his transformation will look like in a couple more months of hard work.
He has goals set out and everything, which I believe is huge if you want to make a transformation like his. He also post a lot about what he eats and some of his workout information which keeps him accountable to his followers. He is a great dude with an awesome work ethic and I am so glad I was able to help. Here is a testimonial that he had written about the website content:
“The way I think Alex has helped me the most throughout my transformation, is the fact that he recognizes beginners. Most every other page/website I went to to find some info on strength training really just told me what to do, but not how to do it. Alex has TONS of videos posted giving broken down instruction on tons of exercises and stretches that really allow you to understand what you’re doing, and gives you something to go off of when you watch yourself in the mirror during your actual workouts. His recipes are also awesome, and pretty delicious. I haven’t tried too many of them, but really helpful for someone who may just be getting started and doesn’t quite know their way around their food yet. All in all, its great stuff. His website is definitely worth checking out. A lot of my transformation is thanks to his videos and content.”
Follow Clark and his weight loss journey on his social media platforms:
Thank you for reading this post, I hope this gives you motivation to get started on working towards your goals or to kick it up a notch. If you need anything at all, I am always on the website or my social media platforms so stop by and leave a message or ask a question. I love trying to help people with anything I can especially fitness related! I also offer training if you need a little more accountability and instructions on everything. I do in-person sessions as well as online training so feel free to send me an email at Costafitness1@gmail.com and we can get you taken care of. I hope you are all having a great day and working hard at your goals! Hit me up and let me know what your goals are and how you are tackling them each, I’d love to hear them!
Straight bar curl with slow eccentric💪🏼
Looking for something new to try in the gym? Try this curl variation! Some call it a cheat curl, some call it a curl with a slow eccentric. All that’s different about it is that you will proceed with a normal curl then go slow on the way down. This is the eccentric portion of the movement. The reason this can be so beneficial is because muscle and tissue damage is happening primarily on the eccentric portion of the lift. This is allowing more time under tension which can lead to more hypertrophy in the exercise!
This was my second bicep exercise today with a few sets in. You can either overload the biceps with a cheat curl and go slow on the way down or keep it pretty controlled the whole way through with lighter weight. Try these next time you hit biceps. Start with 3-4 sets of 8 reps, with about a 4 count on the way down. Let me know what ya think 👍🏼
Was going to start vlogging more on a daily basis and then I dropped my camera today… Going to try fixing it later so I can keep the better quality videos coming! Much love, have a great day!
Another year, another trip to the largest fitness expo in the world. Taylor & I had a blast this year! I was very happy I could meet some of my idols and fitness leaders in the industry to ask some questions about daily habits and secrets they use to help so many people.
If you were able to go to the Arnold, tell me who you met and what your favorite part was!
I hope you enjoyed the vlog, give a subscribe and like if you enjoyed the video on my youtube channel! Have a great day, much love!
It’s a common question that is always asked about the Arnold Classic. “Which day is best to go?” Well I have my opinions that I will be sharing with you today! I hope this helps some of you to have a great time at the largest fitness expo in the world.
With today being the first day a lot of people are going to the Arnold, I wanted to post this a little early in the day so you can get an idea of how each day is.
I kind of look at Friday like the one day right in the middle. It’s not slammed but it’s usually not as busy as Saturday.
- Basically guaranteed samples wherever you go
- almost all competitions are set at lower times or numbers. Ex, the pull up contest is lower the first day but by Sunday, that number may be like 50. That means it is easier to win prizes.
- Pretty long lines
- Not all athletes will be there just yet
Well this is the day to go if you like to stand in lines lasting about 2 hours and like walking 10 miles cause of your parking spot. This is a solid day if you really want to meet like 1 or 2 people in the fitness industry. Everyone and their grandma is there on this day.
- Pretty much everyone is there, celebrities, athletes and all the big booths are loaded
- This day is a lot of fun, especially if you have a group of friends
- Long walk for parking
- Booths take forever
- Feet cramps, well maybe that’s just me haha
- Probably get to see only 2-5 celebrities max if you are hustling
- You get all the leftover samples
- Get through most lines pretty quickly
- Not as many people as Saturday
- Most athletes and celebrities are starting to head out
- Some booths are sold out of items
- A lot of booths pack up early
- Park a few blocks away and take a bus. It may cost a few bucks but way easier and better than a $20 parking spot. Usually they are all taken anyway. I did this last year and it wasn’t too bad.
- Take a book bag of some kind for all the supplement samples you get. They give you bags there at almost every booth so don’t feel like you have to but I personally like to.
- Go with a friend! It’s way less stressful plus you have someone to talk to while your waiting 2-3 hours to see some of your favorite athletes and brands.
- Wear comfortable shoes. I can’t stress this enough, but it should be a given. You are taking about 10,000 steps I’m guessing in this day maybe even more. The last thing you want is a blister on your foot during this event.
- Grab an expo directory. This has all booths listed and where they are so you’re not looking for 1 booth for an hour. This sometimes tells you when events are like strong man events and other competitions.
- Wear something comfy. I get that you want to look good for all the chicks or dudes but look you’re on your feet for like 10 hours and walking probably about 10,000 steps. You’ll probably break a sweat because of how many people can be packed in walking shoulder to shoulder with each other. For me, I hate wearing something that I won’t be comfortable in. I would recommend wearing a comfy pair of shorts, sweats or jeans with a nice comfy shirt. On the other hand, Ohio weather tends to suck monkey butt each year around this time so bring warm clothes for outside cause this year will be a little cold out and rainy.
- PRE ORDER TICKETS. I used to get mine from Kroger but I don’t think they sell them anymore. You should be able to get them on the official website for the Arnold Classic. They are usually about $15-$20 for a normal ticket, but also have VIP passes available as well. This will save you money and a lot of time!
In my personal opinion, I have found that visiting the Arnold on Sunday is the best experience overall. It is not as busy as Saturday and you get so much free stuff! This is what a lot of people want though is the samples. If you want to meet someone and get pictures then I would go Saturday cause they sometimes aren’t there on Friday yet and leave by Sunday. Saturday is the best time to go and meet a couple people.
I hope everyone going has a great time full of amazing memories that will last a lifetime. Some serious motivation can be created at something like this so if you need some motivation to get healthier or create a fitness goal then I would definitely go to this huge event!
Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend!