Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have a St. Patricks Day smoothie for you to try! It’s not like the shamrock shake at McDonald’s but it is definitely healthier haha
All you need is the following:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 TBSP of greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of granola
- 8oz of milk (I use almond milk)
Throw these all in your blender and enjoy! Have a great rest of your weekend!
Around the end of the year in 2017, I remember getting a tweet from Clark saying how a shoulder burnout I had posted was no joke haha. He reached out to me again later that month and he had told me how he was using my information from the website. I have stayed in touch with him ever since and man has he been killlllllin it!! He’s down 40 pounds and counting!!! He has changed his lifestyle for the better between the way he eats and the amount of exercise he does. I was so happy to see his progress picture he had posted, and I can’t wait to see what his transformation will look like in a couple more months of hard work.
He has goals set out and everything, which I believe is huge if you want to make a transformation like his. He also post a lot about what he eats and some of his workout information which keeps him accountable to his followers. He is a great dude with an awesome work ethic and I am so glad I was able to help. Here is a testimonial that he had written about the website content:
“The way I think Alex has helped me the most throughout my transformation, is the fact that he recognizes beginners. Most every other page/website I went to to find some info on strength training really just told me what to do, but not how to do it. Alex has TONS of videos posted giving broken down instruction on tons of exercises and stretches that really allow you to understand what you’re doing, and gives you something to go off of when you watch yourself in the mirror during your actual workouts. His recipes are also awesome, and pretty delicious. I haven’t tried too many of them, but really helpful for someone who may just be getting started and doesn’t quite know their way around their food yet. All in all, its great stuff. His website is definitely worth checking out. A lot of my transformation is thanks to his videos and content.”
Follow Clark and his weight loss journey on his social media platforms:
Thank you for reading this post, I hope this gives you motivation to get started on working towards your goals or to kick it up a notch. If you need anything at all, I am always on the website or my social media platforms so stop by and leave a message or ask a question. I love trying to help people with anything I can especially fitness related! I also offer training if you need a little more accountability and instructions on everything. I do in-person sessions as well as online training so feel free to send me an email at Costafitness1@gmail.com and we can get you taken care of. I hope you are all having a great day and working hard at your goals! Hit me up and let me know what your goals are and how you are tackling them each, I’d love to hear them!
Straight bar curl with slow eccentric💪🏼
Looking for something new to try in the gym? Try this curl variation! Some call it a cheat curl, some call it a curl with a slow eccentric. All that’s different about it is that you will proceed with a normal curl then go slow on the way down. This is the eccentric portion of the movement. The reason this can be so beneficial is because muscle and tissue damage is happening primarily on the eccentric portion of the lift. This is allowing more time under tension which can lead to more hypertrophy in the exercise!
This was my second bicep exercise today with a few sets in. You can either overload the biceps with a cheat curl and go slow on the way down or keep it pretty controlled the whole way through with lighter weight. Try these next time you hit biceps. Start with 3-4 sets of 8 reps, with about a 4 count on the way down. Let me know what ya think 👍🏼
Was going to start vlogging more on a daily basis and then I dropped my camera today… Going to try fixing it later so I can keep the better quality videos coming! Much love, have a great day!
Another year, another trip to the largest fitness expo in the world. Taylor & I had a blast this year! I was very happy I could meet some of my idols and fitness leaders in the industry to ask some questions about daily habits and secrets they use to help so many people.
If you were able to go to the Arnold, tell me who you met and what your favorite part was!
I hope you enjoyed the vlog, give a subscribe and like if you enjoyed the video on my youtube channel! Have a great day, much love!
It’s a common question that is always asked about the Arnold Classic. “Which day is best to go?” Well I have my opinions that I will be sharing with you today! I hope this helps some of you to have a great time at the largest fitness expo in the world.
With today being the first day a lot of people are going to the Arnold, I wanted to post this a little early in the day so you can get an idea of how each day is.
I kind of look at Friday like the one day right in the middle. It’s not slammed but it’s usually not as busy as Saturday.
- Basically guaranteed samples wherever you go
- almost all competitions are set at lower times or numbers. Ex, the pull up contest is lower the first day but by Sunday, that number may be like 50. That means it is easier to win prizes.
- Pretty long lines
- Not all athletes will be there just yet
Well this is the day to go if you like to stand in lines lasting about 2 hours and like walking 10 miles cause of your parking spot. This is a solid day if you really want to meet like 1 or 2 people in the fitness industry. Everyone and their grandma is there on this day.
- Pretty much everyone is there, celebrities, athletes and all the big booths are loaded
- This day is a lot of fun, especially if you have a group of friends
- Long walk for parking
- Booths take forever
- Feet cramps, well maybe that’s just me haha
- Probably get to see only 2-5 celebrities max if you are hustling
- You get all the leftover samples
- Get through most lines pretty quickly
- Not as many people as Saturday
- Most athletes and celebrities are starting to head out
- Some booths are sold out of items
- A lot of booths pack up early
- Park a few blocks away and take a bus. It may cost a few bucks but way easier and better than a $20 parking spot. Usually they are all taken anyway. I did this last year and it wasn’t too bad.
- Take a book bag of some kind for all the supplement samples you get. They give you bags there at almost every booth so don’t feel like you have to but I personally like to.
- Go with a friend! It’s way less stressful plus you have someone to talk to while your waiting 2-3 hours to see some of your favorite athletes and brands.
- Wear comfortable shoes. I can’t stress this enough, but it should be a given. You are taking about 10,000 steps I’m guessing in this day maybe even more. The last thing you want is a blister on your foot during this event.
- Grab an expo directory. This has all booths listed and where they are so you’re not looking for 1 booth for an hour. This sometimes tells you when events are like strong man events and other competitions.
- Wear something comfy. I get that you want to look good for all the chicks or dudes but look you’re on your feet for like 10 hours and walking probably about 10,000 steps. You’ll probably break a sweat because of how many people can be packed in walking shoulder to shoulder with each other. For me, I hate wearing something that I won’t be comfortable in. I would recommend wearing a comfy pair of shorts, sweats or jeans with a nice comfy shirt. On the other hand, Ohio weather tends to suck monkey butt each year around this time so bring warm clothes for outside cause this year will be a little cold out and rainy.
- PRE ORDER TICKETS. I used to get mine from Kroger but I don’t think they sell them anymore. You should be able to get them on the official website for the Arnold Classic. They are usually about $15-$20 for a normal ticket, but also have VIP passes available as well. This will save you money and a lot of time!
In my personal opinion, I have found that visiting the Arnold on Sunday is the best experience overall. It is not as busy as Saturday and you get so much free stuff! This is what a lot of people want though is the samples. If you want to meet someone and get pictures then I would go Saturday cause they sometimes aren’t there on Friday yet and leave by Sunday. Saturday is the best time to go and meet a couple people.
I hope everyone going has a great time full of amazing memories that will last a lifetime. Some serious motivation can be created at something like this so if you need some motivation to get healthier or create a fitness goal then I would definitely go to this huge event!
Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend!